Artist: Wassily Kandinsky
- Born: December 16, 1866 in Moscow, Russia. Passed Away: December 13, 1944, France
- Wassily first studied law and economics before becoming interested in art when he was age 30. He moved to Germany to become an art teacher and later moved to France to live his life as an artist.
- His artwork started off as looking realistic and showed subjects that looked like they do in real life. He soon began to add color to help show emotion in his art.
- His artwork then transformed into abstract art where he represented real objects with shapes, colors, and lines instead of exactly how the objects look in real life.
- Kandinsky was inspired by music and how music could make you feel emotion. He used color in his artwork to help show emotion and connect to music. (http://artsmarts4kids.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/wassily-kandinsky.html)
- Kandinsky once said "Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the harmonies, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul"