Description: You will be creating a multi-media triptych that explores one animal subject using multiple views. Materials include pencil, charcoal, and paint.
1. Planning: Show evidence of idea planning and practice using sketchbook to plan out ideas for each drawing of your animal using 3 different views.
2. Development: Incorporate the challenge of drawing the same animal subject using 3 different views.
3. Development: Add value to each of your drawings using pencil, charcoal, paint, and drawing techniques
5. Reflection: Complete artist statement form and self-assessment following completion of artwork
1. Use your sketchbook to brainstorm animal ideas and plan out each of your three views of your animal.
2. Once plan is checked with Mrs. D, begin working on final draft drawing #1 using pencil and adding value by using shading techniques.
3. Once pencil drawing is complete, begin working on final draft drawing #2 using charcoal and adding value by using shading techniques.
4. Once charcoal drawing is complete, begin working on final draft drawing #3 using paint and adding value by using shading techniques.
5. Check final artwork with Mrs. D and complete artist statement and self-assessment worksheets.
Artist: Rexanne Chadwick
Artist Website: http://rexannechadwick.com/
*How does the artist create value and texture in her artwork?
*How can you visually tell a story about your subject by using multiple views?