Artist Website: http://ingrid-siliakus.exto.org/index/219677_Introduction.html#.VlybXSspltc
Zentangle Illuminated Letter, Artist Autumn York (3 mins): http://safeshare.tv/w/tEdvZZroOs
How to Draw an Illuminated Letter (7.5 mins): http://safeshare.tv/w/SjNWfcuqEB
1. Cubist Portraits
Warm vs. Cool Colors: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss56b8ca99e4831
-Use mirrors to create a pencil drawing of yourself. Draw all of your facial features.
- Use a ruler to draw at least 5 lines through your portrait, going in different directions and overlapping.
-. Use oil pastels to add warm colors to each new shape created in your portrait and paint cool colors in the background.
2. Picasso Inspired Guitar Designs
Sesame Street Three Musicians Warm-Up-Picasso: http://safeshare.tv/w/RkDsmDUjxR
-Draw guitar from observation
- Add guitar details and characteristics
-Choose a theme for your design. Ex: Sports, nature, art, music, animals, travel
-Sketch out your design idea. Include at least 5 images into your guitar design.
- Add color using colored pencils and paint.
- Once dry, cut out your guitar design to get it ready for display!
Week of 4/21/15:
1. Practice 3 sketches for guitar
2. Draw JUST the body of your guitar on large paper. Add name and turn in.
3. Complete any remaining choice- Robot printmaking, Galaxy Painting, Future drawing
4. Complete Navajo Inspired weaving and turn in to basket on my desk.
5. Go back to guitar body design. Use pencil and colored pencils to add your design
Navajo Rug Weaving Demonstration: http://safeshare.tv/w/InSOlTaWiH
Navajo Weaving Information: http://elleon1.edu.glogster.com/native-american-weaving/
From Sheep to Rug: http://safeshare.tv/w/LPVdIFSEpU
NYC Street Artist- Galaxy Paintings- http://safeshare.tv/w/FPAFiCuVDe
1. Complete your 1 point perspective city drawing.
2. Brainstorm an idea for each choice. Choose your favorite idea to work on first:
Choice A: Galaxy Painting
Choice B: Futuristic Vehicle or Home Drawing
Choice C: Robot Design Printmaking
Toy Design Studio: http://safeshare.tv/w/HVFXAKhEcV
Step 1: Sketch your idea for your superhero in your sketchbook
Step 2: Use 123D App to design your superhero sculpture on Ipad
Step 3: Create your armature for your superhero sculpture figure using pipe cleaners
Step 4: Use aluminum foil to create the "muscles" around your armature skeleton
Step 5: Cover your foil sculpture with plaster strips. Smooth out all holes
Step 6: When dry, add acrylic paint designs!
Description: You will be creating a multi-media triptych that explores one animal subject using multiple views. Materials include pencil, charcoal, and paint.
1. Planning: Show evidence of idea planning and practice using sketchbook to plan out ideas for each drawing of your animal using 3 different views.
2. Development: Incorporate the challenge of drawing the same animal subject using 3 different views.
3. Development: Add value to each of your drawings using pencil, charcoal, paint, and drawing techniques
5. Reflection: Complete artist statement form and self-assessment following completion of artwork
1. Use your sketchbook to brainstorm animal ideas and plan out each of your three views of your animal.
2. Once plan is checked with Mrs. D, begin working on final draft drawing #1 using pencil and adding value by using shading techniques.
3. Once pencil drawing is complete, begin working on final draft drawing #2 using charcoal and adding value by using shading techniques.
4. Once charcoal drawing is complete, begin working on final draft drawing #3 using paint and adding value by using shading techniques.
5. Check final artwork with Mrs. D and complete artist statement and self-assessment worksheets.
Artist: Rexanne Chadwick
Artist Website: http://rexannechadwick.com/
*How does the artist create value and texture in her artwork?
*Why do you think artists sometimes provide more than one view of the same subject?
*How can you visually tell a story about your subject by using multiple views?